Served on a plate and topped with the ice cream of your choice, cherry fricassee with gingerbread is one of the unforgettable diabetic recipes.
1 lb. rather large, mature cherries
1/3 lb. gingerbread
1.8 oz. butter
1/4 c. sugar
1 pint ice cream (vanilla, ginger bread, caramel, or yogurt)
1. Wash and pit the cherries. Dice the gingerbread.
2. Melt butter in a large pan. Add sugar. Heat until obtaining a caramel.
3. Place the cherries in the pan. Cook for 5 - 6 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Once the cooking juice is slightly reduced, add the gingerbread. Continue to cook another 5 - 6 minutes in order to obtain a cherry compote. The gingerbread will bind the whole.
5. Place a little of the cherry compote on each serving dish. Put a scoop of ice cream on top of this and decorate with some mint leaves.
6. Serve accompanied with some sugared biscuits, almond cookies, or pistachios.
Try this video recipe also!